Slip and Fall
South Bay Slip and Fall Lawyer
Sometimes one slip is all it takes to change a life irrevocably, with injuries that cause lifelong pain and suffering. While any serious injury can be traumatic, it’s especially difficult to accept when the incident occurred as the result of someone else’s negligence.
This scenario often applies to slip and fall incidents, which are covered under California’s premises liability laws.
Let’s take a closer look at how these accidents occur, how the law protects victims and what you need to do if you find yourself in this situation.
Slip and Fall Negligence
If someone enters a property, slips, falls and becomes injured, it may be possible to pursue legal action if the following conditions are present:
- The property owner knew — or should have known through the exercise of reasonable care — that a hazardous condition existed on the property.
- The property owner did not repair, protect against or warn the victim that the hazard existed.
- The victim was harmed by the hazard (by slipping and falling, for example).
- Negligence was a substantial factor in the injury.
Under California law, people have a duty of care to protect those who enter their property from harm. This duty applies to those who own, rent, lease or otherwise control properties.
How Slip and Falls Occur
Slips and falls commonly occur as a result of:
- Wet surfaces
- Uneven floors or loose carpeting
- Uncovered cords or cables
- Broken furniture
- Broken surfaces
- Failure to limit public access to dangerous areas
If you are injured from one of these negligent hazards, you may be able to sue for lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering and lost earning capacity.
The Right Legal Partner for You
At Bloom Injury Law, we believe in providing a voice for victims. We pride ourselves on providing clients with constant communication and compassion — part of our commitment to peerless customer service.
We also have the experience to handle even the most complex slip and fall accident litigation. If you need assistance, we urge you to contact us for a quick consultation.
Ready to get started?
Don’t wait for a case evaluation. Contact us today and we will arrange for a fast and free consultation.