South Bay Auto Accident Lawyer
While California is known for relatively progressive transportation policies, it is also one of the national leaders in traffic deaths. Over the last five years, California has averaged roughly 3,500 deaths per year.
Given that auto accidents can have lifelong physical, mental and financial consequences, it’s essential to know what to do if you’re in a serious collision.
Let’s take a closer look at the right steps to take after an auto collision — including when it makes sense to consult with an attorney.
The Basics About Auto Accidents
As anyone who has even been in a collision can attest, the moments after the incident can pass by in a blur. Our adrenaline is pumping and, as a result, we don’t always think clearly.
This is why it’s important to understand the right steps to take after a collision. Should you find yourself in this situation, it’s critical to do the following:
- Immediately move yourself out of danger and attend to any injuries.
- Contact police and emergency personnel.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other drive. Do not admit guilt or discuss the accident.
- Document the scene with photos and video if possible.
- Speak to any witnesses and ask them for their contact information. Their perspective is valuable during litigation or the settlement process.
- Keep a detailed log of all your lost wages, medical expenses, transportation expenses, rental costs etc. You may be able to recoup them later.
- Contact an attorney. Insurance companies do not have your best interests at heart. They employ expert negotiators and claims adjusters who work to protect their own bottom line. An attorney can balance the scales.
The Right Legal Partner for You
At Bloom Injury Law, we believe in providing a voice for victims. We pride ourselves on providing clients with constant communication and compassion — part of our commitment to peerless customer service.
We also have the experience to handle even the most complex auto accident litigation. If you need assistance, we urge you to contact us for a quick consultation.
Ready to get started?
Don’t wait for a case evaluation. Contact us today and we will arrange for a fast and free consultation.